Cross Border Taxation
At Kudlow & McCann our team of professionals can guide you through the complex rules to efficiently and accurately comply with multi-jurisdictional tax and reporting requirements.
Our Firm has prepared hundreds of multijurisdictional Canadian & United States tax returns over the past 20 years. This has given us the experience to manage your filing needs, as we have knowledge of both Canadian and United States taxation. Let us review and coordinate your specific cross border tax requirements.
The scope of our expertise extends beyond our borders. Our firm is a member of FY International, which allows us to draw upon the resources of over 40 professional offices worldwide.
Areas of Expertise
- United States & State personal income tax preparation
- United States real estate disposition tax filings
- American entities requiring non-resident Canadian tax filings
- Streamlined amnesty applications to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Interpretation of United States-Canada Tax Convention (Treaty)
- Preparation of Tax Treaty based positions to the IRS or CRA
- Determination of tax residency or non-residency in Canada
- Expatriation US taxation issues for former US citizens & long term tax residents
- US Estate & Gift tax planning
- Preparation of US foreign bank & financial account filings (FBAR or FinCen 114)
- Multijurisdictional professional services