- Over the past year, various members of our staff have been published in the Neighbours of Rosedale magazine. Some of the articles include are:
- 2018 Federal Budget - What private corporations need to know – Brendan McCann
- An alternative way to making charitable donations – Brendan McCann
- Ignoring US tax implications is not good tax planning - Sylvia Brokalakis
- New requirements for reporting the sale of your principal residence - Geoffrey Blasutti
- Where is my Notice of Assessment and what is this letter requesting additional information? - Dan Nguyen
- The pitfalls of blindly throwing money into your RRSP - Brendan McCann
If you would like any further information regarding any of the mentioned articles, please contact the respective staff member for more information.
- In May 2017, Warren McCann was interviewed on 640 Radio on the US filing requirements for American citizens living in Canada.
- In January 2017, Warren McCann was quoted in an article on Advisor.ca called "Financial advice for The Bachelor". This article is based on the TV show The Bachelor. Warren discusses the tax implications of the residuals and appearance fees for being on the show.
- In March 2016, Warren McCann was quoted in on article on Tangerine.ca called "Biggest mistakes people make on their income tax returns". Warren discusses the disability tax credit and the potential cost to you if you qualify and do not apply.
- In December 2015, Geoffrey Blasutti passed the CPA Canada Common Final Evaluation exam (CFE). The CFE is a three day national exam held annually in September that tests candidates proficiency in the competencies required to practice public accounting. Geoffrey graduated from McMaster University in 2014 obtaining an Honours Bachelor of Commerce degree with summa cum laude distinction.
- In November 2014, Warren McCann was quoted in an article on Advisor.ca about the tax implications facing Canadians who move to another country and try to become non-residents. He discussed the requirements to becoming a non-resident and the consequences facing taxpayers who haven’t severed ties in accordance with CRA’s guidelines.
- All professional staff at Kudlow & McCann have been approved for US PTIN tax preparer numbers by the US Treasury Department. New US legislation requires all foreign US tax return preparers to have PTIN numbers displayed on filed tax returns or they will be rejected by the IRS.
- Jimmy Ye has had continuing discussions with OMDC policy representatives concerning the recent enhancements to the Ontario Production Services Tax Credit and its implications to film production in Ontario.
Recent Tax Planning Guides
Outlined below is a list of tax planning guides which may be of assistance to you or your company. If you would like our office to email a copy to you please contact one of our accounting professionals.
- Tax Considerations for U.S. Citizens Living in Canada - January 2018 - Sylvia Brokalakis
- Are You Overlooking Film Tax Credit Claims? – January 2018 – Jimmy Ye
- 2017 Automobile Deduction Limits for Business – January 2018 – Brendan McCann
- Taxation issues for non-resident owners of Canadian rental properties - June 2016 - Brendan McCann
- RRSP Over Contribution Penalties- CRA is Catching Unaware Taxpayers- January 2016- Alina Trambitas
- The Taxation of Non Resident Entertainers in Canada – January 2011 – Warren McCann